Maximizes Product Exposure with Paid Shopping Channels
With over 6,000 products, School Outlet is a school furniture supply company. School Outlet takes pride in its leading customer service and their distinction as an authorized reseller of Virco Manufacturing products – by far the largest manufacturer of classroom chairs and school desks in the world.
With Product-Level Management, School Outlet Increases Google Shopping Revenue by 755% & Amazon Product Ads Revenue by 119%
With existing campaigns on Google Shopping and Amazon Sponsored Products, School Outlet recognized that there was room for improvement in terms of maximizing the potential of their existing campaigns as well as expanding their audience-reach on other channels. They came to CPC Strategy in September of 2012 looking to invest more in incremental revenue drivers and further expand their online presence.
Balancing Campaign Profitability & Expansion Efforts
Google Shopping and Amazon Sponsored Products are both high-volume traffic drivers, and so School Outlet found themselves in a typical scenario where “throwing products up” on key channels still produced results. However, they overlooked post-implementation stage enhancements that would make their investment more profitable.
Concurrent with optimizing current PPC channel performance, School Outlet sought to accelerate their customer acquisition efforts by broadening their PPC Marketing portfolio.
Priority issues to address:
- No product-level management in Google Shopping, which lead to wasted ad spend and limited exposure for top seller products
- No ongoing process to semantically enhance the master product feed, resulting in broad product titles, descriptions, and missed opportunities to capture longtail shopper queries
- Lack of time and resources to manage multiple channels limited ability to reach an aggressive COS goal
School Outlet began working with CPC Strategy in September of 2012. The below performance results are a snapshot of the initial 5 months of CPC Strategy management.
Period Analyzed: 10/1/2012 – 2/28/2013
Google Shopping Revenue
Amazon Product Ads Revenue
Google Shopping Traffic
Avg. Conversion Rate
Optimizing Structured Data Channels
School Outlet’s first order of business was to integrate their master product feed with CAPx – CPC Strategy’s proprietary technology platform for full-funnel Retail Search marketing. With CAPx, School Outlet’s feed underwent significant product title and description enhancements and syndicated the master feed to be compatible with other top shopping channels, including Nextag, Shopzilla, the eBay Commerce Network (Shopping.com), and Bing Shopping.
Implementing true product-level management for School Outlet’s campaigns involved:
- Utilizing penny- and zero-bidding to suppress underperforming products
- Limiting product submissions to Nextag and Shopzilla to just Top Sellers and School Outlet’s ASAP products – those that receive faster shipping
- Re-structuring Google Shopping account architecture to segment and increase exposure for top-performing and ASAP SKUs
- Integrated top-converting search keywords in the feed, specifically those researched to improve search query rankings for School Outlet’s products
- Semantically optimizing product data by harvesting top-converting search terms into product titles and descriptions
“CPC Strategy has been an invaluable asset to the growth of School Outlet’s online presence and profitability. We launched with CPC Strategy with strict COS goals and they were able to drop down our COS on two of our most high-volume channels, Google Shopping and Amazon Product Ads, by 91% and 89%, respectively. We’ve been a very satisfied client for over 2 years now and will continue to lean on our partnership with CPC for new marketing initiatives to come.”- Kyle Stewart | Director of Sales