What are Amazon Lightning Deals?
An Amazon Lightning Deal is a promotion with a limited number of discount offers on an item for a short period of time. These premium deals can be found throughout Amazon.com, including the Gold Box page and are available one per customer, until either the promotional period (typically 4 hour blocks) for the deal expires or all the available promotional discounts are claimed.
Products that are featured in Amazon’s Lightning Deal spaces typically enjoy a bump in sales throughout the duration of the deal.
According to CPC Strategy’s Amazon Team, although the seller sacrifices profit in the form of the discount, it is a great marketing tool for raising awareness around a product and/or brand.
When a Lightning Deal is available, retailers will see:
- The item featured in the deal.
- Any available variations of the item (for example: different sizes or colors).
- The promotional discount amount and final price.
- A status bar indicating the percentage of deals currently in customers’ carts or purchased.
- A timer showing how long you have to add the item to your Cart and claim the promotional discount.
- An “Add to Cart” button if there are available promotional discounts.
- Whether or not Prime members get early access to the deal.
What are the Amazon Lightning Deal requirements?
ASIN’s must meet the following criteria:
1. Proposed Deal Price is 20% or more off current buy-box price
2. ASIN does not have an Amazon Retail offer (3P unique ASIN’s)
3. ASIN with a sale price must be greater than or equal to $5 (US)
4. ASINs in hardlines or consumable product lines only
5. Seller instock units >20 units
6. No Add-On Items (if the product is in FBA)
7. Over 3.5 stars (if no stars, then it will be monitored during the deal)
8. Item Condition is New
9. High Quality Image, good title and complete detail page
10. Item should be appropriate for holiday gifting
Some categories may require a charge for Lightning Deals including:
When all the promotional discounts for a Lightning Deal are held by other customers, shoppers will see a Join Waitlist button and the status bar will show that 100% if the promotional discounts are currently being held in other customers’ Carts or have already been used to purchase the deal.
For more information on how to access Amazon’s Lightning Deals email email@example.com